Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Invest in Yourself and Not the Stock Market

For years, my friends have advised me where to invest my money to get the best return possible. I have always politely listened but insisted that most of my money is invested in myself and my business.

The stock market investment option certainly does not guarantee a return on my money and I never did like someone else (stock broker, etc) controlling my future. So, I decided to invest in myself by searching for a business that fit my lifestyle, provided an excellent return on time spent and gave me total control.

If you invest in yourself, you have that complete control and need not be concerned with the daily shock treatment we get from the stock market fluctuation.

Here's a good example.

Let's say you start a home business and invest $5,000 in start up cost.and bring in $10,000 in total revenue the first year. That's a 50% return on your investment.

Of course, I am discounting your labor (time invested,sweat equity or whatever you want to call it) but I still consider that a great return on your money.

Now, why not take that profit and invest in another venture that you have total control over? I've had a hard time convincing my father that this was something to think about but I do think he's finally coming around.

Over my career, I have invested much time and energy in many other ventures. I have previously owned several health care businesses including a rehab agency and a medical supply company. In addition, I have also invested or owned other companies from real estate to vending machines. My friends still like to joke with me about my numerous career paths.

Yes, some of these were profitable and some were not. None of these could get close to the potential profits you can realize in the recruiting industry. I am currently a full time recruiter that has been enjoying the rewards of the recruiting business for the last 8 years. During this time, family, friends and neighbors have often asked me many questions about my business. They often make jokes about the fact that they see me at home all day or putting my golf clubs in the car or traveling on a trip.

So....Subsequently, I decided to sit down and write an e-book about the recruiting business, how it works and how it can work for you. I also included strategies that I consider vital to my business and I personally use on a daily basis.

So if you're at the point in life that you are ready to invest in yourself and not the market, I invite you to take a moment and read a little about my home business and how it could be another option for you.








homebasedrecruitingtips.com homebasedrecruitingtips.com

This article was written by a practicing home based recruiter that has been in the recruiting industry for eight years.His perspectives on home based recruiting and basics for beginners can be found in his recently published ebook, homebasedrecruitingtips.com homebasedrecruitingtips.com

No comments:

Post a Comment