Thursday, May 15, 2014

English Me-Lord Thinking Doesn't Work

My home is my castle and my castle is my legacy to my children

Nice thought, but it is a pity it doesn't work that way. Many people firmly believe that once they pay off their mortgage then their house is theirs to do with as they please.

Sorry, but that simply is not true. Your home never really belongs to you.

Pause for a moment and think how these threats to your property and family might affect you.

You may have a mortgage debt hanging over it.
Your home may be regarded as your asset and should you owe the taxman any money, then he is allowed to force a sale so that he can get paid.
You may have creditors and be going bankrupt.
You may even be going through a divorce.
Your partner may decide to re-marry after your death.
Your children may get into financial difficulties.
You may have to go into a Nursing Home for long term care.
You may have forgotten to do a pension.
You may have been made redundant.

I don't want to sound like a Doctor Doom but if you don't do something then there are numerous agencies who will take your home and money from your family after your death.

This is where proper estate planning comes into its own. It is no good writing Will which states that everything goes to your partner when you die, and then onto your children. If you have done that then you have achieved nothing.

Don't sign your house over to your child!

If you have bought your home jointly with your spouse or partner, you may not be aware of the potential dangers associated with this common folly.








Contact me today. My consultations are FREE and let's start protecting your home, your money and your family.

My name is Brian McHugh. I can help and I want to help in matters concerning Wills and Trusts. Please let me help by contacting me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment