Monday, February 25, 2013

#1 Travel Job Mistake

Getting a travel job is becoming a lot easier and tangible as time goes on. It's also becoming apparent that most travelers keep running into this same mistake over and over again.

I can still remember the time I got my first travel job. It was glacier guiding up in Juneau Alaska. Nothing can beat those mornings waking up surrounded by massive mountains filled with ices falls and wildlife.

After that travel seed was planted it started to grow like wildfire. I ended up flying around the world as a travel guide for teens, snowboard instructing, race directing and whatever little jobs I could picked up along the way.

I didn't think life could get any better until I got home and realized I had avoid the truth of the matter and truth about my travel jobs lifestyle.

You know how in life there are lessons that keep presenting themselves time and time again until you learn it? What's funny about this is most of the time we don't learn it and just except it as reality. Well not this time I was going to learn from this mistake.

It all came down to one winter when I was in Utah ice climbing and teaching snowboarding. I few friends and I loved ice climbing and so we took a trip down to a exclusive place in central Utah called Joes Valley.

We showed up and as always, we had a ton of fun. We played on some small icefalls and then we took off to some bigger falls. After following a map we ended standing at the base of a 150 ft. icefall. This was definitely the biggest fall we had ever dealt with. While staring up at its massiveness my friend with a hesitant look asked me "You going to lead this?" In my pride and desire to push my limited I said yes. This was the start of a long journey.

I grabbed the rope and tied it on, check my crampons and ice axe and got my ice screws ready. I was ready it was time to climb. I looked over and got the go from my friend and yelled out "Let do this!" and threw my axes into the ice. The first section of icefalls are always bubbly and hard to place any good protection. Because the fall was huge this section lasted for a while.

Around 25 feet up I realized I need to find some good ice to place an ice screw. I looked up and saw some solid ice a few more feet up. "Alright just a little more!" I told myself. I started making my way to that point. At about 30ft I threw my last two ice axes into the ice an started pulling on them with all I had. As I was pulling the worst scenario a an ice climber can have........happened. A big chunk of ice came out with my axes in it. With no protection set to catch me I went upside down and smashed 30ft onto the ground.

This experience almost killed me. I ended up with a shattered scapula, 4 broken ribs and a collapsed left lung. It put me in intensive care and couple months disabled at home. I had to be taken care by the people in my life to survive those months. The worst part of this whole experience was the people in my life had to provide for me financially I couldn't work to generate income.

I had no income stream set up to keep money coming whether or not I worked.

This experience turned into one of the biggest blessing in my life. After this paradigm shift, I spent the next couple of years taking travel jobs and putting time aside everyday until I generated enough passive income to take care of me whether or not I worked.

After a lot of trial and error I discovered the secrets and right steps on how to do it. I perfected it and created blue prints on how anyone can do it. In the end had done it, I had created passive income and if anything where to happen again I would only have to rely on peoples kindness not their bank accounts. I finally had a true sense of FREEDOM!

Avoiding the Rock Bottom Affect is the #1 travel job mistake. If you ask yourself right now:

"If you were to stop working or had to stop working, do you have money still coming? Or is your only source of income from your travel job or job of that matter."

If you can answer Yes then I'm proud of you for handling this critical travel job topic in your life, If you answered NO then I am sure you will continue to learn this lesson through out your travel jobs or job and it will only become a bigger and bigger mistake the older you become.

The good news is anyone can avoid this travel job mistake I have done it and I have seen others do it also. In fact it's quite easy once you have the right information. The real struggle is believing you can generate income with out having to work, most people can't let go of that limited belief and move into this new realm of thinking.

Now the real goal is to not only take care of this growing issue but to give yourself the true sense of freedom and be able to spend your time the way you want to. You only live once and only you chose how you live it.








Discover how to avoid this #1 travel job mistake at MoneyForTraveling.com MoneyForTraveling.com

Author - Tyson Hale - Travel Income Guru - Discover 3 passive income blue prints that you can implement today to give you freedom to spend your time the way you want to - FREE. Go to MoneyForTraveling.com MoneyForTraveling.com and start making money and have your Freedom at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment