Sunday, January 5, 2014

Starting a Home Business Online - Some Difficulties Experienced

Since the beginning of my journey when I decided I wanted to start working from home, it was not a quick decision. Besides there being a few factors in play, one being that as we live in a rural area, Jobs in the main stream, are few and far between. The nearest big town is about 12 kilometres away in one direction and the nearest city is about 60 kilometres in the other.

Both advertise jobs frequently that I am qualified for. Well the pile of rejection letters says it all in my mind, and it was not from lack of trying to find a job. When I did eventually find a job it was demeaning, yet demanding for low pay. I felt like I was dying a little each day. So instead of being the solution to my problem, it became a labourer, not something I liked doing. Yet I stuck it out for a year. Battling my way through, trying my hardest to keep the happy face, but in the end, I had to leave.

It was while doing this job that the idea of starting to work from home really took hold. Each morning before I had to go to work, I'd be on the computer, for hours, looking at different idea's, signing up with different agencies that offered work from home jobs or links to jobs. Hoping to find something that I felt good about doing.

About three months before leaving my Job, I had already decided it was time for me to get busy. I was feeling desparate at work, and the time had come to make a commitment about what I was going to do.

The sign on's with companies that offered leads, had not been a total success, as the few companies that had come back to me, where either all doing the same thing, which I was not interested in having tried these types of companies many years before. With little to no success of making it, working hard at each. Doing the training, and the parties, or presentations etc.so knew that these were not for me. Especially as I was now living thousands of miles away from home, and the few friends I have, some have scattered themselves around the country I left, others are around the world.

I was also by now receiving lots of e-mails, from others telling me about different programs I could sign into. Either selling their products, or doing Affiliate marketing through their companies, it was a mixture of everything. So I started looking for some e-books and other resources, that explained the different types of marketing on the internet. If I was going to do this I had to know what was available and what I wanted to get into.

I knew if I went into this I didn't want to sell rubbish, programs that took one no where, that goes against my principals. Which unfortunately a lot of what I was seeing was all about. The hype and advertising was to buy into their product, yet all I could see was the front page of the product, with the promise of making millions in days. Now I am not stupid, and looking at some of these still wonder how an honest person can be taken in by them. There is no way one can make millions in a day, let alone three. Unless you enter a competition, or win the lotto, and the odds here of actually winning are millions to one.

One of my other problems was that I was also on a very limited budget, which meant that I had to spend my hard earned dollars, very carefully. I did not want to be one of those, that I kept reading about who had been bitten, several times before they got it right. Not to say I didn't get bitten a few times. I did, I think everyone wanting to start a home business on line, buys a few bad apples, out of the barrel, before they hit on the golden one.

The one that if they put in the time, the work, and the effort, that it does do what it is meant to do. Which is eventually make money, although it may take time, especially if you have limitations on your budget. Which mean you cannot afford right off to buy the lists, or clicks or other things needed to push the business quickly and effectively out into the market place.

You may have to use other methods to get your business out there. It may take a little bit longer, but if you stick with it, and work at it, you will find you have a solid base, and when the money starts rolling in, you can use it to buy some of those easier faster tracking methods. You can also start putting your business into automation, knowing that the money is steady and secure.








Come and visit me at dotshomebusiness.com dotshomebusiness.com where I have programs, e-books & resources, to help you with your business.

Dot Corke

No comments:

Post a Comment