Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Help at Home - One Minute Overview

I know many people who won't even think of having their parents go to a nursing home. I know, however though in some cases, it just can't be helped, however. It does make sense that there are agencies out there who help you stay in your home.

Our parents took care of us when we were young. Now, its our turn to help them. It's pretty scary though when you love them so much and want to make the right decision about their care. The best scenario is to have our parents as long as possible and have them be healthy as long as possible. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case. More often than not, it seems our parents eventually just can't stay on their own. It becomes even too dangerous even to think about leaving them alone.

I did some research and learned there are agencies out there who can can provide assistance in helping you or your loved one with:

* Getting up in the morning

* Hygiene and grooming

* Breakfast and Lunch

* Meals

* Laundry and light housekeeping

* Getting dressed for bed

* Getting into bed

* Light housekeeping

* Transportation (trips to doctor, drug store, mall, post and doctor appointments, or just fun)

* Grocery shopping

* Drug Store trips

* Addressing cards, decorating the tree

* Christmas shopping and gift wrapping

* Baking/clean up

* Child care

My parents were at the point where they no longer could care totally for themselves. I had them live with me. I know it is'nt easy. I wish I would have known about this type of care at the time. I know I would have checked into it. There are many advantages to being cared for while living at home.








There's a state licensed home health agency in Altoona, Pa. They have been specializing in home health care since 2000. They offer an alternative to a nursing home by offering home nursing (for all ages and practically all situations.) So if you are in a situation where you need help at home, Google: at home care state college, at home nursing state college, or simply visit: privatecareresources.org privatecareresources.org to get privatecareresources.org help at home.

Jenn Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment