Friday, March 21, 2014

Make Money From Home - The Key Element - Marketing

My working life so far has for the most part paid a relatively low paying hourly wage. At times I have made tips and/or bonuses but I truly believe that working for someone else is not relative to getting paid what your worth. Also, I personally do not like being stuck at someone else's business for 40 or more hours per week. It is for these reasons that periodically I have gone out on a limb to try my hand at home based business.

My first experience was when my daughter was a baby. I didn't have a vehicle and daycare was very expensive so I responded to a newspaper ad....."Assemble products from home". For $35.00 I received a book listing various companies who offered a variety of products that could be assembled from home. Each company charged a fee for there unassembled products. I choose to measure, cut and package guitar stings. To my surprise, when I received my product I discovered that I had to market them myself. Since this was in the pre-home computer days and I had no experience at marketing, I quickly found out that this was not what I was looking for.

A few years later I tried tye-dyeing T-shirts I got more creative with my marketing efforts and it did pay off some what but unfortunately home-craft type products usually take a lot of time and rarely do you get paid enough for your time or your creative expertise.

I caved in again and got my Resident Care/Home Support Certificate. After working in the Home Care field for a few years, I came to realize how much time I had been spending with my client and how neglectful I was in the time that I had for my own children. Altruism is a great quality but not if it is at the expense of ones own loved ones. Anyways, I tried to start my own Home Support Agency. I had some great concepts and I may go back to this one when I have mastered my marketing skills. The bottom line is I put a lot of time and money into that venture but without proper marketing any small business is doomed to fail. It's statistically proven.

Lastly, I and many others I'm sure tried the "Get paid to do on-line surveys", route. Again I spent $35.00 in hopes of finding employment on my own schedule. What I received was a code giving me access to surveys that were supposed to pay. This paid very little, if anything, it worked on a token system where you had to earn quite a number of tokens to get paid anything. It was like 20 tokens will earn you 5 cents. Most of the surveys would allow you to enter a contest to win a trip or $1000.00. Well I never won and I certainly wasn't able to make a living doing surveys. After that fiasco, I once again dwelled in the world of the daily grind, allowing me only the luxury of getting by from month to month.

Until Now.......

In the last few years, making money on the Internet has exploded. It is no longer a question of whether a person can make money on-line from home. The question is.......What type of opportunities do I look for??? The answer has been trying to present itself to me through most of my self-employment excursions. I guess I wasn't experienced in life enough to see that everything centers around marketing......

Marketing-Marketing-Marketing

I have been working on several on-line projects, by far the most beneficial has been marketing for others.....so far. Once I have mastered my marketing skills for others, I have many creative and worthwhile projects of my own to market. The greatest thing is that I'm making money. The other greatest thing is that I love to research and then write about products. I am having fun with what I'm doing and I am able to express myself creatively for my own benefit as well as helping others achieve their goals in life. It feels good!

Thank-you to those of you who read my article.....It is the first of many to come as I follow my heart as well as my natural talents, abilities and creativity.

Remember........Marketing is the sensible place to start........

We have to learn to crawl and then walk before we can run through the huge vastness of the Information Highway.

Just Don't Give Up - Never Give Up On Your Dreams

check the links below for up to date and informative information about Tried, Tested and True Opportunities To Make Money From Home








countmeinonselfemployment.com countmeinonselfemployment.com

No comments:

Post a Comment